> On 26 jan 2004, at 11:40, Karl-Michael Schindler wrote:
>
>> With the MacOS X port available, i played (maybe fooled) around in
>> order to port some of the basic units, such as termio crt video
>> keyboard serial.
>> I managed to get it compiling by transferring missing definitions of
>> constants and types from netbsd of freebsd versions to termio*.inc
>> files or simply copying missing files from the *bsd folders to the
>> darwin folder. Now to my questions:
>>
>> Is this actually a sound way to proceed? The problem for me is that I
>> do not know the detailed meaning of all the stuff and therefore, I do
>> not have a real clue, whether this is appropriate at all?
>
> In general, yes (because the unix side of Mac OS X comes from *BSD).
> It's best to double-check with original C-header files from which the
> include files were derived to see whether it's correct, though
> (/usr/include/termios.h, /usr/include/sys/termios.h)
>
>> After successful compilation, how can I test the units?
>
> Because crt can't be tested automatically (you can make a program that
> tests whether everything is written in the right place on the screen),
> you have to do "manual" verifications: try some programs that use these
> units and check whether the output is correct.

For some units (e.g. crt) are already (interactive) tests. You can find
them in tests/test/unit/<unitname>/

If you have create a new, preferable non-interactive, we can include the
test in the testsuite. The only requirement is that it needs to exit with
0 on success and with an other code (normally 1 is used) for failures.