I have a client who wants to give me a G3 laptop for future development work. (yes, I said give - no cost on my part.)

I know that FPC has some functionality starting with testing on the G4...

I know almost NOTHING about Mac's, so my question is, is the G3 so different from the G4 that I can't expect to run FPC 1.9.x on it within any reasonable timeframe (or ever)?

Yes, I know it's initial stages right now, but a long term goal for this project is to compile a Lazarus applictation for Mac - 1 year / 1.5 years away has been discussed

Thanks,
Tony Maro