On Friday 31 December 2004 14:24, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Normally one never uses a fully qualified identifier.

So I'm not normal. ;) I *always* use them. Makes life easier.

> Only when a possible name conflict exists, which
> - Should be very rare, and avoided in the first place.

IBTD. I even often use the same names for same things, but in different
units (like Open/Close, ...). I don't see any reason to not use the
unit-name for identifiers. This also avoids C-like prefixes to each
name. One usually does the same with OOP techniques where each
constructor is called Init or Create. ;-)

And BTW, it is not very long ago that this actually saved me from
intermixing Objects.NewStr with SysUtils.NewStr.

Vinzent.