FPC has great amounts of compatibility with Borland Delphi. Unfortunately,
according to the FPC docs, it only supports Delphi compatibility until Delphi
4.
The object pascal enhancement on the next Delphi release is still not supported
by FPC.

Since now Delphi has grown to Delphi 9 (2005) -the latest Delphi release- which
has tons of great object pascal enhancement, don't FPC developers think that
now
is the time to follow up the language enhancements? For example: the for..in
syntax, reintroduce keyword, sub class (class field), etc.

Yup, perhaps I sounds pretty close to .Net syntaxes. Yup, I also knew that FPC
development won't go that direction yet. I'm just talking about the language
enhancement here, for more code portability. Say, I'll be able to compile my
Delphi.Net code using FPC running on Linux. Maybe I'm just dreaming about the
'real' concept of "write once, compile everywhere". :D

Maybe we can start it from FPC v.2.2. Or FPC v.3.0? What do you think? :)

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at:
http://beeography.modblog.com