> Just a binary distribution right? I did not see the sources in ports,
> which would have to be patched to fix the lib naming errors.

Yes but one guy said he's working on source based one.

> Are you saying that code produced by this Lazarus/FPC setup will not run
> properly on older freebsd systems?

Yes

> Seems to me that FPC-2.0.2 is broken as far as freebsd is concerned. It
> can't be just lazarus which needs those libs properly defined; so what
> we have here is essentially a bug fix to FPC itself.

Seems to me that FreeBSD is broken as far as everything which uses those
libnames... it's not only fpc problem. Old binaries won't work on new
freeBSD and vice versa. It's their idiocy not our, we didn't rename
those libs 2x.

You don't have a bugfix, you can't ifdef ports version. It doesn't
depend on OS version of FreeBSD but on the fact that the person has new
ports or not. If someone on 6.0 updates his ports he'll have the new "-"
version of glib and others. Same for 5.4.

> I don't understand, why not just fix the missing "-" in the IFDEF
> FreeBSD statement, and produce a working FPC?

See above.

> Bob

Your signature is broken.