Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 8/14/06, Vincent Snijders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You miss the point: Delphi compatibility mode is for people who develop for FPC, but want to compile occasionally in Delphi. In the current situation they are not aware of this weakness of Delphi (no support of $ENDIF for $IF), until they compile in
Delphi.

That is exactly what happened.  I only develop under FPC, but
contribute a lot to the tiOPF project, which is mostly used by Delphi
developers.   I broke the Delphi builds by adding the $IF..$ENDIF
code.  The tiOPF project uses the Delphi Mode for the FPC compiler,
and I was surprised when notified of the problem.

Well, the delphi mode is made to compile delphi programs with fpc not to check your programs for delphi compliance ;)

But maybe Graeme should make a Delphi feature request too (and see which is
honoured first) :-)

Where do I go, to ask for such a feature in Borland Delphi?  I guess
it would take years to materialize. :-)   Borland is not as pro-active
as the FPC maintainers!!

Regards,
 Graeme.