On 18 Oct 2007, at 16:17, mm wrote:

The inlined code shouldn't be much bigger than the calls to "Odd ()". So,
why aren't they inlined? Is there a reason you did so?

It's because the Odd function is an assembler function, and the compiler can't yet inline assembler functions. I guess this stems from the time that the compiler was not very good at inlining nor at removing stack frames. I would probably be best to simply remove all assembler implementations of Odd() from the rtl so the generic Pascal version is used instead (which can be inlined).

Jonas