Zitat von Michael Schnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > I developed several visual components for Lazarus and usually you
> > install once and as you develop is not necessary to recompile the IDE,
> > but are some exceptions:
> >
> > 1) The installed version crashes the IDE designer
> > 2) You added a published event/property and wants to make a demo app
> > that uses it through designer
> Thanks, I'll take care.
>
> BTW. I always searched for a way to extend an existing visual component
> by some new properties or functionalities and move same into the palette
> and after this easily replace the old one by the new one in (multiple
> instances) an existing application.
>
> Dis not find a n easy way in Delphi nor in Lazarus.

Create a descendant:
Package Editor / Add / New component / ...

Test it and install it.

Change class of one control:
Designer / popup menu / Change Class

There is no dialog/option yet to apply Change Class to all controls of a class
on a form or on all forms of a project/package yet. Although if the class was
only extended, then probably this will work:
Close all designers and use
Search / Find in Files / Replace on .pas/.lfm files.
The .lrs files will be automatically updated by the IDE on compile.

Mattias