From: "Daniël Mantione" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Bernd Mueller schreef:
>> Hello,
>>
>> the attached patch avoids misaligned data access (bus errors), >> during font
>> rendering (with the graph unit) on Arm-Linux devices.
>>

> Instead of testing for arm cpu, you could use > FPC_REQUIRES_PROPER_ALIGNMENT
> too. So it is fixed for sparc as well.

Well, packed records are usually used when speed is unimportant. If the
code is speed critical, packed should not be used for aby platform.
Therefore I would like Bernd to consider the use of the 'unaligned'
pseudo-function, ifdefs make code less readable.

The patch removes packed record for some platforms.
IMO packed can be removed for all platforms. It will gain some speed.