Marco van de Voort wrote:
I know what .NET uses it for, but that was not the question.

The question is why does this have to be solved using a language construct?
Why can't you simply register the Object-Relation mapping somewhere else?
Because it is a more natural way. I want to give full property declaration in a one place.
What is the value of making it RTTI? Sure you can abuse RTTI to hang
information on any identifier, and make a nice example out of it, but does
that really display the requirement for RTTI
Currently RTTI is very limited - using it you can only enumerate published members, learn their types and default values (for properties). Attributes completely eliminates limitations.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.