On 5 Jan 2010, at 22:40, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
I must say, I agree with the original poster - it would be very
useful. I have had many battles to try and overcome circular reference
issues, and I do take care in my class designs.

I would also agree. I used to use Interfaces or raise shared classes/ declarations to a new unit both could use to overcome this issue myself. But I remember the Be GUI porters having loads of issues mimicing the Be API header structure because there were so many forward class declarations in the C++. It was impossible to do a unit to header file match because circular dependencies crept up at almost every turn. Without direct matching of header and unit names, the Be API documentation became hard to use. I don't know if they ever solved it, maybe if Olivier is still about, he can chime in?