16.02.2010 14:39, Michael Schnell:
On 02/13/2010 09:38 PM, Jonas Maebe wrote:
It would make the memory manager slower, and I don't think that aggregating few
statistics is a good reason to do so

Yep. But it should be possible to implement a function that on request
(slowly) collects the list of (or at last sum of) the state of all
existing threads.

Exactly! That's what I'd be happy with. I'll call it once per second so a bit of slowdown wouldn't matter much. I think creating a custom "wrapper" heap manager just to be able to get total mem usage is a bit overkill, though maybe I'll try that method too.

Nikolai

-Michael