In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
> So - let's try another approach which may prove more constructive:
>
> What are your proposals to get some kind of observer pattern
> implemented so it can be applied consequently throughout the
> classes of the FCL and LCL, without duplicating all code or
> subclassing all existing classes ?

First: I don't see an urgent need for such draconic measures.

Second: I don't see a good solution, exactly because the whole framework was
not designed for this.

E.g. an Observer pattern typically uses interfaces, and interfaces are not
designed into the framework.

> I am not interested in the actual implementation of the observer
> pattern, just the means by which you think we can 'inject' one.

> Please don't bother questioning the need/desirability of
> this feature, consider it a given.

And that you call "constructive" ?

But anyway, I don't see any sane solution to inject it. Including proposed
ones modifying base classes.

That is the whole point. If you want this, start over, and do it properly.