On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 23:59:15 +0200
Jonas Maebe <jonas.ma...@elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> On 29 Sep 2010, at 23:50, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>
> > While touching the fpc sources I often got a compile
> > error which was "fixed" by compiling a second time.
> > Is this normal?
>
> There are some bugs in the ppu loading logic (mostly related to "inline" in
> combination with cyclic dependencies) that are triggered by the compiler
> sources (resulting either in compilation errors or crashes). However, usually
> the only way to solves them is to delete all ppu files. In my experience,
> recompiling results in the same problem in such situations.

Interesting.
I didn't use the makefile to compile but created a lazarus package
using the compiler settings from the pp.lpi.
The package compiles without error, but compiling the test program (a
simple one liner compiler.compile('');) that only sees the ppu files
gives an error (checksum changed, unit not found).
Compiling the package a second time compiles again without error and
the test program compiles too.

Mattias