Zitat von Florian Klaempfl <flor...@freepascal.org>:

Am 30.09.2010 14:15, schrieb Mattias Gärtner:
Zitat von Jonas Maebe <jonas.ma...@elis.ugent.be>:

On 30 Sep 2010, at 13:32, Mattias Gärtner wrote:

Ehm, are you saying, that the compiler must be restarted when there
were errors, because it does not clean up properly?

As far as allocated memory is concerned: yes. It does free a bunch of
stuff when an error occurs, but not everything, and what is not freed
depends on the error.

Ok. Thanks.
And I guess there are currently no plans to fix this, right?

No. But I don't consider it that bad: most of the memory is released
even in case of an error. The overlefts shouldn't add up that much.

When it is used for quick syntax check the compiler is invoked several times a minute - several thousand times a day. Is that a problem?

Mattias