On 2010-09-30 21:21, Andrew Brunner wrote:
2010/9/30 Adem<listmem...@letterboxes.org>:
It is only more logical/sensible to bring together all these
  one-instance global objects into a one-instance global object, instead of
having them scattered all around the place.
I hope you are joking ...
I have read the above sentence (of mine) a few times over; and I seriously
cannot see why I should be expected to be joking.

Could someone tell me what advantage there can ever be in/of having global
variables scattered all around the place.
Well, global variables are going to be all over the place and will be
declared in the scope of the unit where they are established.
So, from what you're saying, I am supposed to think that it is better to declare global variables in 460+ unit files in the compiler directory alone.
It establishes their "belonging" in the unit/module in which they are/were
declared :-)
?
I think that the assertion of taking variables (just because they are global)
and placing them in one unit file is indeed funny.
I'll remember this joke when I am writing the next Pascal code and declare my variables not at the top of each class/routine but right where they are needed and all over the place ;)

--
Cheers,

Adem