On 30.01.2011 09:55, Paul Ishenin wrote:
30.01.2011 15:45, Sven Barth wrote:
Imo it works much better now.

Only one minute slower in the complete run instead of four. I let you
guys decide whether this is good enough ^^
2m22.980s -
2m15.362s =
0m7.xxxs - were is a minute?

That was two runs of the same compiler. I've run it twice, to be sure that the workload of the PC doesn't influence the result to much.

The timing of the compiler without class helper search is the one in the older mail:

Run 1:
real    1m7.982s
user    0m46.024s
sys    0m4.390s

Run 2:
real    1m8.619s
user    0m46.104s
sys    0m4.513s

Run 3:
real    1m10.078s
user    0m46.290s
sys    0m4.333s

How often is the compiler compiled completly during a make cycle?
3 times.

The first run is done by the starting compiler, right (2.4.2 in my case)? So this would mean that roughly half a minute is added by the 2.5.1 compilers using the class helper search (I'll need to verify this assumption of course).