On 12 Aug 2011, at 22:33, peter green wrote:

> On armel the problem seems to be that freepascal can't find crti.o in the new
> multiarch path. Confusingly if freepascal can't find crti.o then rather than
> throwing an error it simply omits it from link.res. Manually pointing
> freepascal at the multiarch path by using -Fl/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi (for
> armel) allows the test program to be built successfully. I presume the
> problem is the same on powerpc and sparc but I have no way of testing those.
>
> So it would seem that the multiarch library path for the relavent
> architecture needs to be added to the default freepascal search path either
> through adding it to the default configuration file or adding it to the
> hardcoded list in fpcsrc/compiler/systems/t_linux.pas .

Is there a standard for multiarch library path locations and names? If not,
that sounds like configuration option that should be added by
distribution-specific patches. At least when looking at tool chains I've seen
everything from 'arm-unknown-eabi" to 'arm-linux-eabi' to 'arm-linux-gnueabi'.
That kind of variation is not something we can or should build into the
compiler or in the standard configuration files.