On 4 November 2011 12:39, Sven Barth <pascaldragon@g.....> wrote:
> "fpgettimeofday" itself simply calls the syscall "gettimeofday" of the
> kernel.

I have another "experimental" version of epiktimer that uses the posix
clock_gettime() (instead of fpgettimeofday), which I had to implement
myself, because FPC doesn't include a fpXXX call in the unix or
baseunix units. clock_gettime() is apparently equivalent to the timing
calls of the Windows multi-media timing API's (many references on the
internet of this).  I just implemented this yesterday, so still need
to put it through its paces.

But from Michael's first comment in the below bug report, it seems
that kernel calls clock_gettime() and gettimeofday() returns the same
information - yet the latter is deprecated. So is using
fpgettimeofday() at the moment really bad? Based on all this
information - no.

  - Graeme -