On 6/21/2012 17:39, silvioprog wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to write "Atenção" in terminal, but it writes "At├º├úo"
instead of "Atenção" (please see http://imagebin.org/217387 ). :(

open a cmd window and type "chcp"... if that still exists in win7, it should tell you the codepage being used... looking at your example, it appears that something is translating what you type to utf-8 and that your terminal cannot render utf-8... i fight the same battle in another world with a huge amount of CP437 oriented software that will never be updated...

i will try your code on my boxen to see what it gives... now to figure out how to generate those characters with my US keyboard... i /think/ ALT-135 is the "lowercase c with a tail" 'ç' and the other one is the "lowercase a with a wavy line over it" but i can't find it :? maybe i can paste it from this message into that window?