On Wed, 19 Sep 2012, Sergei Gorelkin wrote:

19.09.2012 11:45, Graeme Geldenhuys пишет:
Hi,

I have to deal with complex URL's in a new part in my project, and thought I would take advantage of the already existing URIParser unit in FPC. At closer inspection I noticed that the URIParser is not up to RFC-3986 specs. Even some of the terminology and values used in URIParser is different to the
official RFC's.

Would anybody mind if I updated the URIParser unit to be "more correct", or is it the FPC pereference to leave it as it is, and I'll make my own amendments for my project.

   http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt

Originally uriParser code was written to handle only URLs, without RFC3986 in mind. Later I updated it so the logic became closer to RFC3986, but had to keep URI syntax components as is in order to preserve compatibility with existing code.

So I think if we go after strict RFC compliance, we should introduce a new unit and deprecate an old one.

I agree.