On Sun, 2 Dec 2012, Alexander Klenin wrote:

In my ongoing efforts to prevent elimination of Pascal/FPC from a set
of languages used to teach programming, I have recently encountered
another problem:
although FPC does include "gmp" unit for arbitrary-precision calculations,
programs compiled with it require "gmp" dynamic library.
This library currently is a separate download, which outlaws its usage
in programming competitions, forcing participants to use Java or
Python instead.

That is a bit of a difficult one. gmp just provides just the interface of an
external library.
If we do it fo this one, we should do it for all the libraries for which we
provide headers.

Is there not a native pascal solution for arbitrary precision math ? I seem to remember that there are several ones floating around, maybe we should simply include one of them.