In our previous episode, Michael Schnell said:
> > Afaik raspberry pi two alone counts as two favours. The basic Debian armv5
> > eabi version, and the armv6 vfp(2?) Raspbian.
> Does the Lazarus Debian package automatically detect the ARM flavor

I do not understand. There is no such thing as an universal arm package. So
there is no "the" lazarus debian package for arm.

You need all code (Pascal or otherwise) compiled for your respective flavor.

Afaik Debian supports armv5 softfp and armv7 "hardfp" versions (which are
downloadable as distinct architectures).

As an armv6, the very popular RPi falls in the hole between them, people set up
a 3
flavour, raspbian that is armv6 hf based.

In theory, the apt-get of one of these distributions should bring in a
Lazarus version compiled for that version.

On my armv5 devices I only run fpc till now (not full lazarus), but that
works fine (apt-get on my wheezy got me 2.6.0 iirc)

On my rpi with raspbian (there is no real reason  to run anything else),
lazarus afaik installs fine with apt-get.