Am 25.01.2013 17:18, schrieb Alexander Klenin:

He said he needed a arbitrary precision math library: Well, get started !
I have chosen a good library, communicated with the author, and he
agreed (on this list)
to allow its inclusion in FPC. Now somebody (not me, since I do not
have commit rights)
should perform the addition.
Do you have a link to the message? It could have been gotten lost in the usual mailing list traffic...
I am sorry that the community turned out not quite welcoming.
You should not generalize here. There were devs (e.g. Paul) and also users who didn't object. Others did indeed object. But we're humans after all... not every one has the same opinion. Take myself: I consider myself neutral in this topic. I'm neither really pro nor against this feature.