On Sat, 2 Mar 2013, Martin Schreiber wrote:

On Saturday 02 March 2013 14:01:10 Marco van de Voort wrote:
In our previous episode, Martin Schreiber said:
Compiled with which FPC version?

trunk.

??? MSEgui compiles with trunk?

It is mostly unicodestring centric, so that shouldn't be such a surprise?

MSEgui has an own unicodestring manager on Linux which must be adapted to
cpstrnew. Also the meaning of #nnn characters has changed and MSEgui uses
some hacks with UnicodeStrings which must be adapted. I don't want to do the
work before Unicode handling in FPC is finished and documented. And frankly,
I don't believe in it anymore...

Clearly, you have not been watching SVN, because Paul Ishenin is currently integrating the native Object Pascal unicode string manager in trunk.