In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
> I'm sorry, but I do not share your focus on speed. I have many projects,
> some of them have more units than mseide does, and yet I never have to wait
> more than a couple of seconds. The only exception is the Lazarus IDE.

No, I have also seen it with Indy and the JCL. In the JCL case I tried to
isolate it even, (and managed to 3 or 4 units).

And over the years, that are not the only cases.

> If you say that mseide only compiles with -B, I would suggest looking for
> strange dependencies inside mseide, if you want to reduce compile time...

No, afaik there is certainly a problem in the compiler. Afaik I heard devs
that unit dependencies cycles with more than two units are not always
detected clearly (and probably that implies some hidden
interface-implementation dependencies?)

> I do not want to say that FPC does not need speed improvements, but I do
> suspect you
> will get faster results looking at removing the -B requirement from mseide...

That's for sure.