Am 21.06.2013 10:36 schrieb "Michael Schnell" <mschn...@lumino.de>:

> On 06/21/2013 09:54 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>>

>> Again I'd assume that the memory allocation for the result is the most
expensive operation with UnicodeString operands, independent from string
lengths.

> Do you suggest that with UnicodeString - even when using 1 Byte encoding
types such as  ANSIxxx or UTF-8 -,   the memory allocation is more
expensive than with the older String handling implementation ?

Just to clear up the names: UnicodeString is *not* the code page aware
string type (although they share the "metadata" record). It is a dynamic
length 2 byte string. The code page aware string type is AnsiString.

Regards