On 06/25/2013 01:25 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

8 or 16 bit codes ? In Delphi XE this seems to be 16 bit, in Delphi 7 and the currently released Lazarus this seems to be 8 Bits.

Please read before confusing everything.
Sorry that I maybe did not phrase my question/ request appropriately: I am interested in clear terms for use in a discussion. To demonstrate that I just wanted to show that the same language keywords are used with different meanings in different versions of the compilers / libraries.

Your recent messages still indicate that you never understood even string basics. Why don't you start adjusting your weird mind to the facts, as have been given repeatedly since years? :-(
Sorry again. We are (still) discussing how am implementation in fpc can potentially be better than that in DXE. Thus the "basics" and the "facts" are not really of interest.

-Michael