On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Martin Frb <laza...@mfriebe.de> wrote:

>  Parsed yes, but if it comes to evaluation, then you get {$T-} (@a)^
> "cant dereference an untyped pointer" or similar
>
> @a^ always works. All I was asking is if the documentation should state it
> more clearly that ^ is (As part of the identifier) done before ^

(debugger) evaluation is different from the compilation.
Compiled units doesn't contain the information about compiler directives
used (..or are they in .ppu?)

If one unit is compiled with $T+ and another with $T- would you make the
evaluator unit specific? I doubt that.
Despite of $T there are many syntax difference for each $mode using in FPC.
And each unit might be using it's own {$mode}.

I'm assuming you'll need just assume some set of the directives for your
evaluator (i.e. it's always in $mode delphi, and always $T+)

thanks,
Dmitry