Nope.  Is that required?

Yes is. TSQLQuery is descendant of "buffered dataset" so all changes what you do are cached localy until they are applied to remote database.
ApplyUpdates does it ...

How does that factor in to accessing the data through bound controls?

Bound controls have nothing with it ;-)
L.

Thanks.

Nathan T. Wild