Sven Barth schrieb:
Am 22.09.2014 12:59 schrieb "Hans-Peter Diettrich" <drdiettri...@aol.com

> That's why I also suggested an compiler option, useful for all people which care about program size or ARC at all.

The problem with the compiler option is that you'd need to rebuild the complete RTL, packages and your application so that every unit has these changes. Otherwise e.g. the RTL would still contain reference counting code and TObject would still contain a reference count field.

Right, it should be a compiler *build* option, so that everybody can create his favored flavor(s) of the compiler, and decide which one to use with which project.

Every compiler then should provide a predefined constant for every such option, in case specific handling is required by conditional compilation of user code.

 > Is it me, or what else makes you so angry today?
 > Sorry for that :-(

I'm sorry that I got aggressive, but it's quite frustrating when one writes a simple example to illustrate something and the first complain is how to make it use a better design which is completely besides the point of the example -.-

Then I missed the point of the example(s). It looked to me like something final, well thought like the rest of your message.

DoDi