On Fri, 31 Oct 2014, Paul Breneman wrote:

On 10/27/2014 06:09 PM, Paul Breneman wrote:
I've spent a bit of time during the past 7 years trying to figure out
how to simplify things by avoiding cross-compiling.  This page has many
of the details:
   http://turbocontrol.com/monitor.htm

I think there is a way to simplify cross-compiling.  Levinux is a small
(~20 MB) QEMU download for x86 PCs (Windows, OS X, Linux) that provides
a small Tiny Core Linux VM.  I'd like to see something similar but with
all the files and tools needed to pull the latest source code and
cross-compile FPC (also with Debian instead of Tiny Core?).
   http://mikelev.in/ux/

It seems to me that such a small VM should allow a nice standard method
that will make it easy to test and see things work.

I look forward to your thoughts and comments!

I'm not suggesting a single VM for multiple uses.

How hard would it be to make a small VM (~100 MB with Debian?) that will run on a x86 PC and download FPC and Lazarus source (trunk) and configure Lazarus for Android development?

I think 100Mb is a bit small.
You'll need cross-binutils, X, cross-dev libs and whatnot.

650Mb would be feasable, I guess.