I don't see why you cannot perform simple additions in sysutils.
But that would create duplicated code of LocalTimeToUniversal, UnixToDateTime, IncMilliSecond functions in SysUtils and DateUtils.

As far as I can see, these perform almost the same function as EpochToLocal in sysutils/unix.
EpochToLocal is equivalent to UnixToDateTime, except the later is more efficient and better named. Also, I found at least 4 copies of EpochToLocal in RTL for some reason, one of which suggests to use UnixToDateTime instead ;)

Assuming that UniversalTime function must reside in SysUtils, I see these options:

* Option A: Duplicate necessary functions from DateUtils to SysUtils.
* Option B: Move necessary functions from DateUtils to SysUtils.
* Option C: Include DateUtils in RTL, so that we cant use its functions in SysUtils.

Option C seems to be the cleanest. Am I wrong to think that?

Denis