On Mon, 10 Oct 2016, grouchysmurf wrote:

Hi.

I've  been  playing  with GetLongOpts recently and I *think* I found a
bug  though  this may be as well a required behaviour but I decided to
report it anyway.

GetLongOpts fails to set a flag even when directly told to so.

Consider following code [1].

When  executed  with  '-o'  it  sets  flag  as expected. When one uses
'--option' instead flag is not set.

In getopts.pp, line #397:

         if longind<>nil then
          plongint(longind)^:=indfound+1;
         if pfound^.flag<>nil then
          begin
            pfound^.flag^:=pfound^.value;
            internal_getopt:=#0;
            exit;
          end;

I  do  believe  that  the exit should be there but again, maybe that's
just me.

I will look at it, at least I can reproduce the problem.

Can you please post a bugreport, so it will not be forgotten ?

Michael.