31.10.2016 22:44, Jeppe Johansen:
Is there any good generic (portable) function to ensure memory cache
flush for a thread on a multicore system?

What I'm trying to do is essentially fetch some debugging counters
from multiple threads. They might happen to run on separate cores,
thus having something pending in local cache sometimes. I would like
to avoid EnterCriticalSection/ LeaveCriticalSection as such blocking
would be a huge overkill, however it is still desireable to fetch
reasonably current values. I'd like to avoid doing manual assembly as
well (for portability reasons etc.).

Thanks a lot!

Nikolai
Have you found this to be a problem in real environments?

No.

I can't imagine any of the mainstream processor architectures of FPC
where you wouldn't expect normal coherent bus operation when just
reading cached memory from other processors. If all you need is just
reasonably recent values that is..

Ok. Probably you are right.
Thanks!

Nikolai