On Wed, 7 Dec 2016, Sven Barth wrote:

Am 07.12.2016 13:58 schrieb "Michael Van Canneyt" <mich...@freepascal.org>:

On Wed, 7 Dec 2016, Sven Barth wrote:

Trying to generate the exact same information as Delphi is IMHO not the

right path.

What is needed is an API that gives you the info contained in the

internal structures.

That's what the RTTI unit is there for. It provides a higher level API to
the type information than typinfo does.

I was hoping to avoid the RTTI unit, it has a horrible, Horrible, HORRIBLE
interface in my opinion. (probably again some misguided .NET clone
attempt)

I can't really comment on that since I had left Delphi before that was
introduced.

But no matter:
If the info is there, I can write my own interface which is more to my
liking.
I don't care about Delphi compatibility in these matters. What matters is
that the concept is there, the exact API I will creatre form myself.

The typinfo unit will definitely expose all the information as well (the
RTTI unit will probably simply use the data that typinfo provides).

That's what delphi also does, as far as I can see.