Am 13.12.2016 11:34 schrieb "Maciej Izak" <hnb.c...@gmail.com>:
>> Okay, I think we can indeed go with this aside from one small remark:
the double indirection for Pointers is only needed if data resides in
different units as those might be in different dynamic packages. Since the
INIT and FULL RTTI of a record are always in the same unit a single
indirection is sufficient (thus PRecInitTable instead of PPRecInitTable).

> IIRC something is (was?) wrong (AV) for Mac i386 and Win64 when is used
PRecInitTable instead of (indirect) PPRecInitTable... It is strange because
for example for Win32 and Aarch64 PRecInitTable works fine... Have you an
idea?

No idea. But I have a couple of platforms to test this on myself :)
(x86_64-win64, i386-win32, powerpc-darwin, i386-linux, x86_64-linux,
arm-linux, m68k-linux)

>> Other than that I think we've found a good compromise for our wishes and
hopes for this :)

> Phew! So... Please merge PART 2 of MO :P after this step I can start work
on RTTI.pas and on extended info for records (with small "baby steps" ofc).

Okay, will do that either tonight (don't know yet whether I'll have the
time however) or hopefully tomorrow evening.