On 04/02/18 21:44, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
Am 04.02.2018 um 20:57 schrieb J. Gareth Moreton:
I'm not certain if my definition of 'aggregate' is correct, but must the fields
be packed like an array to be a
valid HFA? I'm not certain if they should be packed or each field aligned to a
16-byte boundary like with
Homogeneous Vector Aggregates (with M128 fields).  Since the examples given on
the Microsoft pages have array-
like fields, I'm assuming packed (and naturally aligned to 4-byte boundaries
for Singles and 8 bytes for
Doubles).

Well, naturally aligned I think. packed means the whole hfa may be 1 byte
aligned.

The is_hfa() function from aarch64/cpupara.pas could probably be generalised (so it gets the maximum size/number of elements as parameter) and be moved to parabase (or to paramgr).

Jonas