Am 19.02.2018 11:01 schrieb "Ondrej Pokorny" <laza...@kluug.net>:

On 19.02.2018 10:25, Anton Shepelev wrote:

> Simon Ameis:
>
> However  I think, FPC should generate the profiling
>> code itself. Then there is no need  to  modify  the
>> code before and after the compilation.
>>
> Not,  I  think, for the naive light-weight profiling
> that FPProfiler offers.  Its functionality is easily
> decoupled  from  that  of  the  compiler and I think
> should stay so, for better modularity.

I agree with Simon here. It's a similar scenario like heaptrc. Why not to
add a compiler parameter to include profiling info? That would be just
great.

It's not the same scenario as heaptrc is entirely working in the RTL
without any compiler extension (aside from the -gh parameter). Profiling
code however would require extensions to the compiler whereby it would also
need to handle exceptions correctly and such things.

Regards,
Sven