Am 28.04.2018 um 11:28 schrieb Thorsten Engler:
Basically that.

For doubles that don't fit into an Int64, any fraction is beyond the
significant number of digits that the double can store anyway, so 0 is the
valid and correct result for Frac in that case.

Since a float only stores the highest bits of a number, the
fraction of a high number is not stored aka treated as 0.

Right. It's clearly too early in the morning to think about such implications :P In that case: Thorsten, do you have tests that could go with the new Frac() implementation? Something simply that checks the results and does a Halt() if something is wrong would be sufficent. This way I can be sure that my conversion to FPC's syntax will be correct.

Oh, and before I forget it: would you *please* stop top posting? (Except you have a valid reason for it like being blind and using a screen reader)