Same documentation for FPC,
<https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/refsu58.html>

But, someone clearly explicitly thought otherwise at some point:
<https://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/compiler/aasmcnst.pas?view=markup#l860>
That warning is only "wrong" if Result is well-defined after exiting the loop.

> So this shall not be unrolled, but is still error prone, if Result is not set
> after the regular end
> of the for loop.
Am I doing something wrong, or does FPC not emit a warning when a loop variable
is read after the loop? Delphi has a warning, and does indeed display it for the
test case. There is no indication anything might be wrong from FPC?

This kind of code is used even more than "that other thing", makes me wonder if
it's a good idea to break this at O3...

Martok