Hi everyone,
 I'm having some difficulty with fixing issue #33909, and I may have
stumbled a more severe problem that might be causing some internal
corruption.  I have raised a new issue about it, #33926.  Given the
recent e-mail from Pierre, there might be something amiss going on inside
the compiler that goes deeper than jump optimisations.
 A clue that leads me to believe there's internal corruption is that a
produced .s file yields an alignment field of ".balign 119,0x90", which
should never happen.  Furthermore, letting the debugger continue after it
hits the compiler abort exception causes a SIGSEGV in a destructor.
 I apologise if it is indeed my optimisation that is causing these
problems, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to go from here.

 Gareth