The only thing I've managed to run so far
is the standard "make all". What's
mysterious though is that if I grab a
clean copy from the trunk, it builds fine.
However, if I do "make clean" first, that
error appears. Does anyone else get this?
(I'm using Ubuntu and compiling on x86_64)

I managed to get an assembly dump of
system.pp and compare the output between
ppc1, ppc2 and ppc3. Some procedures in
ppc3 look very different, as if compiled
by an older version of the compiler. It's
confusing, but I'll keep at it.

I don't want to scrap my changes, because
so far I've managed to make -O3 about 15%
faster.

Gareth aka. Kit

On Sat 01/12/18 09:05 , "Florian Klämpfl"
flor...@freepascal.org sent:
> Am 30.11.2018 um 14:39 schrieb J. Gareth
Moreton:

> > Hi everyone,
>

> > I have a little question.  I'm having
> problems compiling fpc under x86_64-
linux.  At first I thought it was
> a bug in one
> > of my changes, but it seems to occur
on the
> trunk as well.  After successfully
compiling the compiler a few times,
> the
> > following happens:
>

> > /usr/bin/diff ppc3 ppcx64
>
> > Binary files ppc3 and ppcx64 differ
>

> > And then it drops out.  I've tried the
> usual things of doing a "make
distclean", but am I missing
> something obvious?
>

> This means that the compiler generates
wrong code which results in wrong
> code generation :). These things are
very hard
> to debug. The only way is to compare the
disassembly manually to find out
> where it differs and then to debug why
it
> generates this particular code at that