On Wed, 2 Jan 2019, Martok wrote:

Am 02.01.2019 um 11:19 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:

Consider the following:

Type
   TMyClass = class
   Private
     function GetString(AIndex: Integer): string;
   Published
     Property MyString : String Index 1 Read GetString;
   end;

function TMyClass.GetString(AIndex: Integer): string;

begin
   case AIndex of
    1 : Result:=GenerateSomestringvalue;

I don't think there should be errors or warnings.

Good example.

Although... you *could* call GetString from some other class member function,
and at that point Result would be undefined. I don't think the compiler can
prove that?

The compiler can prove that since the methods are private.
It can see no explicit calls are generated for it.