On Mon, 14 Jan 2019, Franz Müller wrote:

Hi, after a lot of testing, I think it is safe and I have submitted this patch to the bugtracker

With this patch, it is possible to provide a custom compare function to a stringlist and thus allow the stringlist to keep the items automatically sorted according to the custom compare routine.

I have assigned it to myself and look at it during the weekend.

In addition, this custom compare function can also use fields of the objects associated with the strings.

I would also be willing to update the documentation accordingly, but I have no idea how to do that.

Thanks for offering, but please don't bother, I will take care of that. In each case, this feature will not make it in 3.2, and the documentation is only updated just before a release, so it has no point including it now.

In each case, thank you for your efforts.