So I came across a backup repo that Maciej made of the development for closures
(from 2015, not sure when the original author stopped working on it). I know
Sven said some months back the original author is still working on it but
that’s been said for literally years now and do we even have contact with the
author anymore? From what I can tell most the work is already done so can we
just fix all the problems in his code and get this finished already? I saw a
list of concerns from Sven and Jonas in an old email thread and they could be
addressed pretty easily. What a waste this has been just sitting there for 3+
years. Hope we can get this resolved sooner than later.

https://github.com/maciej-izak/freepascal/tree/closures

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph