On 6/17/19 1:54 AM, Sven Barth via fpc-devel wrote:
<wkitt...@windstream.net> schrieb am Mo., 17. Juni 2019, 02:07:

    what always confused me these days is that records and objects were one
thing
    back in the (TP6) day but today they are something quite different... i had
    be very careful when i wrote my satellite TLE management tool because of
these
    differences...

Ehm... TP style objects were already quite different to records back in TP days.

yes... what i'm saying is that today's are different and that's what confuses
me...

After all the former supported inheritance and (virtual) methods while the later supported variant parts.

in the day that i speak of, records were simple static blocks that contained data in a certain defined order... today's records have methods, too, which are more like objects back then... i forget the difference between yesterday's objects and today's...