Am 28.06.2019 um 00:00 schrieb Ryan Joseph:

On Jun 27, 2019, at 5:57 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-devel
<fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

If it's a bug (what I do indeed think of this and the other bug you mentioned)
it's considered acceptable to break backwards compatibility. After all we
wouldn't be able to fix essentially anything as some code out there might rely
on the behavior.

Did you see the other users note in my bug report? Looks like this:

  tINIFile = object
   private
     procedure SetAsText( akey:PAnsiChar;val:PAnsiChar); overload;
     procedure SetAsText( asection,akey:PAnsiChar;val:PAnsiChar); overload;
     procedure SetAsText(ans,asection,akey:PAnsiChar;val:PAnsiChar); overload;

     function GetAsText( akey:PAnsiChar):PAnsiChar; overload;
     function GetAsText( asection,akey:PAnsiChar):PAnsiChar; overload;
     function GetAsText(ans,asection,akey:PAnsiChar):PAnsiChar; overload;
   public
     property Value [ans:PAnsiChar; asection:PAnsiChar;
akey:PAnsiChar]:PAnsiChar
              read GetAsText write SetAsText; default;
   end;

Try it and play around but it works to call value with variable number of
parameters.

Does that mean 2 bugs with properties then? allowing var and out in properties
seems wrong also.
That's what I meant with "the other bug you mentioned".