It's a useful feature as far as hand-written and generated assembly language is concerned.  The Intel SIMD instruction sets work far better with aligned memory (e.g. you can use MOVAPS instead of MOVUPS, the former being faster on older CPUs but triggering a segmentation fault if the memory is unaligned). Granted, while vectorcall currently only works on x86_64-win64 because I was able to re-use the code for the System V ABI, with an aligned stack it might make it potentially easier to port it to i386-win32 eventually (under Microsoft Visual C++, __vectorcall is supported on 32-bit platforms by only using ECX and EDX as the integer registers... the same as __fastcall... speaking of 'fastcall' I do wonder if it's worth implementing that calling convention in case one wants to communicate with an external library that uses the convention).

Gareth aka. Kit