I am porting an older Delphi project to Lazarus/FPC which analyzes the internal structure of PowerPoint files using OLE automation. While the overall program is working I am stuck with some OLE properties which have the name of Pascal keywords, e.g. Shape.*Type *or ColorEffect.*To*.

FPC 3.0.4 and trunk refuse to compile lines like

    DisplayValue('Type', MsoShapeTypeStr(AShape.Type), true);

even if {$MODE DELPHI} is used. AShape is an OLEVariant, MsoShapeTypeStr a function which converts the integer value of AShape.Type to a string. The error message is 'Fatal: Syntax error, "identifier" expected but "TYPE" found'.

Any idea how I could make this work?